Re: FCC-type Regulation of Cyberspace

At 08:18 AM 3/15/96 -0800, you wrote:
>Timothy C. May wrote:
>>>Mr. Frantz, unless you can prove your claims here, forthwith, I must inform
>>>you that they are in violation of the Truth in Speech Act of 1996. Please
>>>retract them, now.
>
>Bill Frantz wrote:
>>Political speech, not commercial speech.  The act doesn't apply or is
>>unconstitutional.
>
>I see:  The bill of rights reads:
>"Congress shall make no law [...] abridging the freedom of *political*
>speech".
>Never knew that until now.

Non-election-related political speech only, of course.  And excepting support
for Communism or opposition to Prohibition or to approved wars, or to
anything the military does to get them approved.
#--
#			Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, [email protected], +1-415-442-2215 pager 408-787-1281
# "At year's end, however, new government limits on Internet access threatened
# to halt the growth of Internet use.  [...] Government control of news media
# generally continues to depend on self-censorship to regulate political and
# social content, but the authorities also consistently penalize those who
# exceed the permissable."  - US government statement on China...