NT's C2 rating

>>The fine print says its insecure as soon as its connected to a network.

Try running the C2config.exe found in the 3.51 resource kit, Should NT detect that you have
network connectivity during the C2 test, you will get the following error message: "C2
compliance requires that no networking software be installed on your system.  One or more
network services have been detected on your system.  Select OK to use the Network Control Panel
Applet to remove these services.   If you click on Help, you will get the following bit of
information: Windows NT networking services were not included in the NCSC C2 evaluated
configuration.  For your system to conform to the evaluated C2 configuration, the network
services must be removed or disabled.  Should you click on OK, if you are on a NT workstation,
you have just disconnect yourself from the network.  If you ran the test on a server, you have
just shut down your network.

Ben Rothke
Citicorp Global Information Network
NY, NY
"Views expressed are exclusively my own & not of my employer"