Re: protection on IoMega ZIP drives

At 05:08 AM 3/23/96 +0000, Deranged Mutant wrote:
>On 23 Mar 96 at 3:00, Ed Carp wrote:
>
>> Has anyone tried SFS?  It should work on the zip drive, though I've not
>> tried it (yet)...
>
>If I recall some recent threads on alt.security.pgp (or sci.crypt?),
>SFS doesn't work on ZIP drives (since ZIPs use the parallel port...).
>
>[Or do ZIPs use Scuzzies and the people who had problems were just
>too lame to figure out that they had to load the driver before SFS?]

There are two versions of the Zip drive.  One is SCSI and one is Parallel
faking scsi.

The big problem is with the zip drivers.  There is some sort of
incompatibility between SFS and the zip drivers.  (I hacked on it for a
couple of hours with no luck.)  Win95 makes the problem worse, as it is
difficult to judge just when the driver for the zip drive loads.  (I have a
number of complaints about the zip drive drivers.  Lack of documentation is
one of them...)

Sometime I will have to fire up SoftICE and see exactly what the conflict is...
---
Alan Olsen -- [email protected] -- Contract Web Design & Instruction
        `finger -l [email protected]` for PGP 2.6.2 key
                http://www.teleport.com/~alano/
  "We had to destroy the Internet in order to save it." - Sen. Exon