Re: IPG - newest release of the ABC Encryption Algorithms (fwd)

Chris McAuliffe ([email protected]) wrote:

: >One tangerine-flavord Starburst to the first cypherpunk who can give
: >a rough estimate for the results of the sub-expression:
: >	(random() & 0xff) & 0x3500
:
: Well, actually, it depends on whether the bytes are treated as signed or
: unsigned, and we don't know for sure that IPG wanted them treated as
: unsigned. This means IPG either:
:
: a) can't write portable code, or
: b) really are as stupid as we are giving them credit for.

a) is obvious, since they explicitly say that they coded it in 80x86
assembler, but I wouldn't discount the possibility of b) being true also.