Re: protection on IoMega ZIP drives

On Mar 23, 17:28, [email protected] wrote:
} The Syquest EZ drive (130MB twice as fast as the ZIP, a little cheaper
} too--around $200 for an internal drive and cartridge, with additional carts
} around $20, and a 1 GB version available for $500, + $100 / additional
} cartridge) comes in IDE, SCSI, and parallel flavors.  You can get an internal
} IDE drive and DOS doesn't know or care that you can replace the cartridge.
}  You can DoubleSpace the drive, (I have personally done this) so you should
} be able to SecureDrive it too.  It is a full fledged IDE (or SCSI) drive.

The SCSI version of the ZIP drive is a "fully fledged" SCSI drive. I
use one on a Sun workstation without any special software/drivers,
and secure the ZIP disks with CFS. It isn't terribly fast, but one
hardly notices when one is dealing with the overhead of encrypting
and decrypting the data anyway.

--
Mark Henderson -- [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
ViaCrypt PGP Key Fingerprint: 21 F6 AF 2B 6A 8A 0B E1  A1 2A 2A 06 4A D5 92 46