The Law Loft: Surviving the Biometric I.D. Card

Though some will petulantly claim that this has "nothing to do with
crypto," I think the report on legislation which may lead to new levels of
national identification is very apropos to the themes of this list. A
national ID card could be tied in to the CDA and other such legislation:
the "Internet Driver's License" we are worried about. This would also
facilitate the criminalization of anonymous remailers.

(I noticed at a local night spot large posters announcing the city's "Zero
Tolerance" policy for passing a drink to a minor. Imagine the same folks
passing laws about the criminalization of giving access to a minor....)

Here's the forwarded article: