RE: Nortel "Entrust"

Applied Crypto 2nd Edition - page 334-335.

Brief stuff:
Block Cypher (symetrical), 64 bit key, 64 bit block size
"The S-boxes are implemenation dependent, but not key dependent."
resistant to differential and linear cryptanalysis
   "Northern Telecom is using CAST in their Entrust security
    software package for Macintoshes, PCs, and UNIX workstations.
    The particular S-boxes they chose are not public.  The
    Candadian government is evaluating CAST as a new encryption
    standard.  CAST is patent pending."

If you don't have the book - GET IT!  ;-)

Dan

> From: "Stephen A. Gutknecht" <[email protected]>
> To: "'[email protected]'" <[email protected]>
> Subject: RE: Nortel "Entrust"
>
> I too would like to see an open discussion on this.  Microsoft uses this for
> their new Exchange Server client/server email product....

Dan Oelke                                  Alcatel Network Systems
[email protected]                             Richardson, TX