Re: Test case for RSA t-shirts

At 12:33 AM 4/2/96 -0800, Jeff Weinstein wrote:
>Dave Del Torto wrote:
>>
>> At 1:08 pm 3/30/96, Raph Levien wrote:
>> >   While we're on the subject, I called Sam Capino's office regarding my
>> >CJR for this t-shirt, and he said they were still waiting for a response
>> >from the NSA. I think my next move will be a letter asking exactly when
>> >I can expect a response, and whether there's anything I can do to compel
>> >a response, It was originally filed (in October) as a 15-day expedited
>> >review.
>>
>> FYI, PRZ mentioned to me last night that the CJR on the OCR-able book of
>> PGP source is still pending. The "15 days" has stretched into about a year
>> in that case, if I don't have my dates/the facts wrong. Bob Prior at MIT
>> would know.

I'm trying to figure out what the difference is (legal) between a "book" an
an "OCR-able" book.  FAIK, all fonts are OCR-able, simply with widely
varying degrees of difficulty.  A fixed-spacing, non-microspace justified
typewriter font is probably one of the easiest ones to OCR.   Did the export
license application for this "OCR-able" book say that "It's an OCR-able"
book, or did they just include a copy of that book on paper?