Re: software with "hooks" for crypto

At 02:31 PM 4/2/96 -0800, Michael Elkins wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>I'm trying to figure out exactly what the laws are regarding the export of
>software which contains "hooks" for PGP.  In various forms, I've heard
>that it's not the ITAR which prevents this, but more a "suggestion" by
>the NSA that we "shouldn't do it."  Does anyone have any pointers to
>real legislation/laws regarding this?

Evidently you are under the impression that we are still governed
in accordance with the rule of law.

Since the legislation in question was intended to prohibit gun running,
it naturally contains no such thing.

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   [email protected]