Fwd: Anonymous code name allocated.

[The following has been censored to protect the guilty.]

>Subj:	Anonymous code name allocated.
>Date:	96-04-02 23:37:10 EST
>From:	[email protected] (System Daemon)
>To:	[email protected]
>
>You have sent a message using the anon.penet.fi anonymous forwarding
service.
>You have been allocated the code name anXXXXXX.
>You can be reached anonymously using the address
>[email protected].
>
>If you want to use a nickname, please send a message to
>[email protected], with a Subject: field containing your nickname.
>
>For instructions, send a message to [email protected].

I tried sending a test message to the address indicated, and received it back
a day later, so sending email to this address does reach me.  The funny part
is that I have never (to my knowledge) had any communication with
anon.penet.fi prior to receiving this email.

Questions:
1. How do I use this to SEND messages anonymously?  Having an email address
with no obvious link to my identity is cool, but I would like to be able to
send as well as receive.  I sent email to [email protected], but have
received no response yet.

2. Why was I chosen for this?  How did anon.penet.fi find out my email
address?  Is the NSA trying to lull me into a false sense of security in the
hope that I will use this account to violate ITAR?

3. Has anyone else on this list received unsolicited remailer accounts?

Jonathan Wienke