Re: The Law Loft: Surviving the Biometric I.D. Card

From: Rich Graves <[email protected]>

>The replacement of income tax with sales and real estate taxes -- despite
>the fact that such a move would be incredibly regressive -- would be a
>very good thing for freedom.

	Agreed (re:freedom) ... but why are you claiming that real estate
taxes are regressive? Unless there's some nonsense like Louisiana's homestead
exemption (own your own home, get 100,000 subtracted off of the value for
property tax purposes... which is just as biased against apartment-dwellers
and renters as the morgage interest deduction), real estate taxes should be
even or "progressive" in their distribution of the tax burden.
	-Allen