Re: So, what crypto legislation (if any) is necessary?

At 12:37 PM 4/5/96 -0800, [email protected] wrote:
>> Where I differ with Mr. Bell is that he seems to think the ISPs of the
>> world are going to rise and unite to quash the oppressive hand of big
>> government at their own expense in order to satisify some sense of
>> personal ethics or customer goodwill.
>>

>	I urge Mr. Bell to start a business of his own with that
>model, and see how much fun he has. (Or, worded differently, how long
>it takes for him to go bankrupt. Perhaps we can setup betting
>pools. That could be fun.)

By now, you've probably seen my comment to Unicorn, that ISP's could easily
pool their resources, in a form of insurance, to guarantee that any test
case will be fully litigated to ensure that a bad precedent isn't set.  What
if it cost a million dollars?  That's only about 5 cents per American
Internet user.

You were saying about "going bankrupt"?

Jim Bell
[email protected]