Re: Entropy Estimator

On 12 Apr 1996 at 20:58:19 Timothy C. May wrote:

>At 9:06 PM 4/12/96, rick hoselton wrote:

>>... I have these two 8-million byte
>>files.  One is a recording made by a geiger counter, every bit
>>is uncorrelated with anything else in the universe ...

>No, this is not the case. Suppose your file of 64 million bits of entropy
>is stored as "Rick's Geiger Counter File,"...

I left the word "you" out of one sentence.  My line breaks are very
strange.  I wrote "chronologist" when I meant "horologist".  I revealed
a US-centric point of view, and I broke a New Year's resolution by
contributing to the noise level on the cypherpunks mailing list.

But I did not forget to say:

>...every bit is uncorrelated with anything else in the universe ...

:)

Rick Hoselton

It's not really fair to call me crazy, just because
one of my personalities is paranoid/schizophrenic.
Rick F. Hoselton  (who doesn't claim to present opinions for others)