Re: Digital Cash Escrow

On Thu, 11 Apr 1996, Timothy C. May wrote:

> At 8:27 PM 4/11/96, Vladimir Z. Nuri wrote:
>
> >give me a break!!! the future government attempts to squelch,
> >suppress, restrict, prohibit, regulate, tax, spindle, and
> >mutilate Digital Cash will make Clipper look as significant and
> >threatening as a christmas tree ornament.
>
> Larry, are you just _now_ realizing these implications? A few years ago you
> were fairly dismissive of these effects, arguing mainly that "electrocrisy"
> (electronic democracy?) would be the main effect, or at least the program
> that Cypherpunks should push.

[...]

> Glad you are finally tuned in to our channel.
>
> --Tim May

I thought everyone had realized that LD was suffering from legitimate MPD
by now?

> Boycott "Big Brother Inside" software!
> We got computers, we're tapping phone lines, we know that that ain't allowed.
> ---------:---------:---------:---------:---------:---------:---------:----
> Timothy C. May              | Crypto Anarchy: encryption, digital money,
> [email protected]  408-728-0152 | anonymous networks, digital pseudonyms, zero
> W.A.S.T.E.: Corralitos, CA  | knowledge, reputations, information markets,
> Higher Power: 2^756839 - 1  | black markets, collapse of governments.
> "National borders aren't even speed bumps on the information superhighway."

---
My preferred and soon to be permanent e-mail address:[email protected]
"In fact, had Bancroft not existed,       potestas scientiae in usu est
Franklin might have had to invent him."    in nihilum nil posse reverti
00B9289C28DC0E55  E16D5378B81E1C96 - Finger for Current Key Information