Re: (Fwd) British Study Claims That Photo Credit Cards Don't

From:	IN%"[email protected]"  "Adam Shostack"  8-APR-1996 22:47:00.53

>	Most merchant agreements prohibit asking for more ID beyond
>the card.

	Umm... how many places have you seen with a minimum amount chargable?
That isn't allowed by _any_ of the merchant agreements that I know of, and
I've seen a lot of places do it anyway. How's the card company going to notice?
Most people use cash for small stuff anyway.

>cpunk relevance?  Most security that relies on people being awake is
>broken.  Security that relies on people with no financial interest in
>a transactions security is broken.  Studying how security breaks today
>is a good idea.

	Quite.
	-Allen