Re: Blowfish ain't broken

At 09:28 AM 4/14/96 -0700, Jerry Whiting wrote:

>> Perry writes:
>> They won't sweat over it long. Blowfish was broken.
>
>My understanding is that Blowfish using only 3 rounds, not the full 16, has
been
>broken.  And yes, duplicate entries in an S-box are weak keys.
>
>carrick uses the full 16 rounds and we check for weak keys.

I thought there was a variant of Blowfish that fixed the problems that had
been found with the algorythm.  I believe it was called "Blowfish-SK". (I
need to check my archives for further details.)

Are you using the original Blowfish or the improved version?
---
Alan Olsen -- [email protected] -- Contract Web Design & Instruction
        `finger -l [email protected]` for PGP 2.6.2 key
                http://www.teleport.com/~alano/
  "We had to destroy the Internet in order to save it." - Sen. Exon