Re: [Political Rant] Was: examples of mandatory content rating?

On Sun, 14 Apr 1996, Jonathon Blake wrote:

> 	Since somebody else brought up SurfWatch, remember that
> 	it was SurfWatch that declared whitehouse.org to be
> 	off-limits for obscene content.  A mistake on their
> 	part --- or at least that is their claim.  << This
> 	was just before CDA passed, btw.   >> << I personally
> 	thought it was a great way to demonstrate the absurdity
> 	of CDA.  >>

Alas I suspect this will be used by the CDA supporters to claim that
ballyhooed technology to 'protect' children does not work, and that legal
restrictions are necessary...

Jay Holovacs <[email protected]>
PGP Key fingerprint =  AC 29 C8 7A E4 2D 07 27  AE CA 99 4A F6 59 87 90