Re: [fwd] Undeliverable Message

It's not encrypted - it's just Unix :-)
The "begin 600 attach.Z" tells you it's uuencoded, which is a way of
representing
binary data in ASCII to make it safe for mailing, and that the resulting file
is named "attach.Z".  This looks very much like something compressed with the
Unix compress program, so you can use uncompress or gunzip to uncompress it.
Inside that is a binary file, starting off with characters that look like a
Unix "tar" archive format; there are some headers including filenames and nulls,
followed by ASCII files.  So use a tar program to unpack it.

                Bill

At 11:59 PM 4/14/96 +0200, Clemens Stiglechner <[email protected]>
wrote:

>It seems that [email protected] is running amok; it has
>sent 64 *different* *encrypted* messages to the Hemingway List within
>6 hours until now. I just wonder which kind of encryption _they_ might
>use. Here is the first one:
>begin 600 attach.Z
>M'YV0:=R,>7/&31HZ;URTF7,&@,.'$"-*G$BQHL6+&"N"V&@#!@P0`#:"B$&#
#					Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, [email protected], +1-415-442-2215