GPS privacy/ECM

I have been following the recent discussion on Denning's GPS I.D.
plan and had some thoughts:

I wonder what the pro-govt anti-privacy types would do if some
obnoxious group started publishing a list with the home/work GPS of
say various congresspersons/senatepersons?

Since cruise missile's already use GPS to find/destroy their
target, how long do you figure before some terrorist group use's
this ever cheaper tech to trigger one of it's devices?

<car bombs, the poor man's air force>

What defences are there? Just how small/inexpensive could a home
GPS/ECM system be?

Personnel dithering? Locally transmitting your own public key
encrypted location.

This is thoughtfood only.

Brian