Hey... someone please teach me...

hey,
 i figured this would be as good place to ask as any...
If possible, and if you have some free time, would someone please
PRIVATELY mail me and explain PGP and similar types of encryption.
I am extremely interested in the topic, but there isn't much I can
see from any of the source code floating around everywhere, not
too much docs on the algo itself...  Please do not recommend books,
as I seriously have no ability to get them. :(
 - Mike