Re: Cypherpunks Death Penalty for "take me of" messages?

On Thu, 18 Apr 1996, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> Eric Murray writes:
> >
> > I'd be willing to bet that a number of the 'unsubscrive' people
> > we have been seeing lately have been subscrived by their "friends"
> > and have never seen the "welcome to cypherpunks" list message,
>
> No. If you are subscribed against your will you DO see the "Welcome to
> Cypherpunks" message.

...which they disregard as unsolicited spam.

On my discussion lists, I put unsubscribe instructions in the message
X-Headers (which the clueless won't see, but which non-clueless targets
and their more clueful friends/administrators will); and on digests,
they're prepended.

-rich