Re: plaugue of unsubscribes

On Thu, 18 Apr 1996, Alex Strasheim wrote:

> I've started sending mail to postmasters when I get one of those "take me
> off your list!" messages.
[snip]

See John's message about the forged subscribes.  It sounds like these
folks may have never used a mailing list and didn't want to.  Can't really
blame them for being upset at receiving hundreds of pieces of email that
they didn't ask for.

What still confuses me is the number of people who asked to be
"unsubscrived."  Seems like an odd coincidence that all those folks would
miss the B key.  Some had done it severeal times in the same message.  I
wonder if they were totally set up -- if they got mail telling them to
"unsubscrive."  Some people's idea of fun boggles me...

Rich

Rich Burroughs  [email protected]  http://www.teleport.com/~richieb
See my Blue Ribbon Page at http://www.teleport.com/~richieb/blueribbon
New EF zine "cause for alarm" - http://www.teleport.com/~richieb/cause