Re: Bernstein ruling meets the virus law

>     I think the determination of whether virus software will be
> considered free speech (and thus legal) or speech needing limits
> (illegal) will be based entirely on whether that code is active in system
> memory or just sitting on a hard drive.

In Canada, there is a law that makes "unauthorized use of computing
resources" illegal. That makes both hacking and malicious virus spreading
illegal with one law, without making it illegal to share virus information
and source code.

| Steve Reid - SysAdmin & Pres, EDM Web (http://www.edmweb.com/)    |
| Email: [email protected]   Home Page: http://www.edmweb.com/steve/ |
| PGP Fingerprint: 11 C8 9D 1C D6 72 87 E6  8C 09 EC 52 44 3F 88 30 |
|              -- Disclaimer: JMHO, YMMV, IANAL. --                 |