Re: Anonymnity at teleport

>>>Our users can have a P.O. Box as their address (or a false address),
>>>whatever they want as their 'real name', and can pay for their accounts by
>>>mailing in cash. All they need to do is be close to a phone that isn't
>>>theirs for an hour or so.
>>
>>>The can put in a phone# when they set up, then call in from that phone (even
>>>if it isn't their own) and have one of us call them back with a few
>>>minutes...all set.

Of course, you can also do this with CompuServe or any service that uses
phone verification.  I opened my CompuServe account in my True Name but with
the phone number of one of my mail receiving services.  They wanted a
similar callback scheme as above.  I went to my mail receiving service,
called the CIS 800 number and they called me right back.  I was friendly
with my mail services so had no trouble.

DCF