EYE_suk

   4-22-96. WaPo:

   "Counter-Terrorism to Be Olympic Event for-U.S."

      Federal authorities are taking precautions against the
      use of unconventional weaponry such as poison gas, germ
      weapons or even a nuclear device. Those attending the
      Games will see only a small portion of the immense
      security operation. At its heart will be an estmated
      3,000 Army troops, 6,300 National Guardsmen, and at
      least 10,000 other police and private security guards at
      peak strength, with an additional force of agents from
      the FBI, ATF, DIA, CIA, NSA and FEMA.

      The Pentagon's office of special operations and
      low-intensity conflict plans to place its elite counter-
      terrorism teams in readiness. "We keep telling everybody
      we wil be armed with a radio and a smile," said Maj.
      Gen. Robert R. Hicks Jr.

   EYE_suk  (A scary skinhead rumble for I-MAX gouge)