Re: US law - World Law - Secret Banking

On Fri, 26 Apr 1996, Michael Loomis wrote:

>     I have been reading this list to get an idea where Declan gets some
> of his lunatic ideas and what Rich Graves says when he is not up to
> Holocaust fetishism.  Despite Timothy's claim to the contrary, it seems
> that the basic point of this list is some libertarian notion that tax
> evasion is a good thing.  While I am not clear how serious of threat, if

If Tim is claiming anything to the contrary it is the importance of defending
tax evasion on this list. There isn't any. Its acceptance is a foregone
conclusion around here. The place for debating the ethics of such
things is on usenet political groups. The focus here is using crypto to build
the institutions to escape the constraints of physical commerce and
monitoring. Obviously, for the practical purposes of most people we
aren't there yet. It's quite promising, though. It's not the "why" but
the "how".

It might be useful for you to browse the early portions of the archives
when they come back or read Tim's and Eric's original manifestos
(somewhere in the bowels of ftp.csua.berkeley.edu/pub/cypherpunks/rants)
and Black Unicorn's essay on his love of cash from Detweiler's page
(can't remeber the url, I'll dig it up if you're interested, it's got
some nice outtakes from past discussions, though Det himself is
rather out of it). The cyphernomicon is also instructive (it'll show up
on search engines). There are tons of other good sources, too.

Ps. I know there are other list archives, but none of the urls I dig up
seem to work. Help!