Re: The Joy of Java

[email protected] writes:
> > I go further. Java, as envisioned, cannot be made secure. It is too
> > powerful a language. Furthermore, it is unnecessary for the tasks that
> > it is used for, which are basically adding fancy wacky graphics and
> > simple applications and such to web pages.
>
> 	Even though that is all it is used for now, I think it was
> *intended* to be used for more.

So much the worse.

I don't think its a good idea to download random programs and run them
without even realizing it, especially when they run in an execution
environment which is not particularly emasculated. I don't think this
can be made particularly secure in the general case. It is a bad
paradigm. I've said it before, and everything we've seen thus far
about Java supports my contention.

Perry