Re: www.WhosWhere.com selling access to my employer's passwd file

At 02:12 AM 4/27/96 -0700, Rich Graves wrote:

>If you are involved with the affairs of a large organization, I urge you
>to check www.whoswhere.com to see if they have a bunch of user email
>addresses that they shouldn't.

They also have some information that is seriously outdated.  They have two
e-mail addresses for me that are about 2-3 years out of date.  (I wonder how
some of this information was collected.  One was from my Fidonet point
address of years back.  Not something accesable from finger.)

>Of course there is little that one can do about this kind of invasion of
>privacy. But they don't have to be so fucking blatant and stupid about it.
>They have the email addresses of DAEMONS from our password files in their
>database.

I wonder if those addresses are from a "finger @sitename.org" hack.  It
becomes worrysome when the methods of hackers intersect with those of
database compilers.

>There is no need for mailbombing, or anything like that. Our lawyers are
>simply going to nuke them from orbit. Please check them out before they go
>offline, so that you will have a shot at whatever is left.

Keep us informed as to the fireworks.  it will be fun to watch.

---
|   Remember: Life is not always champagne. Sometimes it is REAL pain.   |
|"The moral PGP Diffie taught Zimmermann unites all| Disclaimer:         |
| mankind free in one-key-steganography-privacy!"  | Ignore the man      |
|`finger -l [email protected]` for PGP 2.6.2 key  | behind the keyboard.|
|         http://www.teleport.com/~alano/          | [email protected]  |