RE: Mindshare and Java

On Sun, 28 Apr 1996, Blake Coverett wrote:

> > "Trust" really isn't the right word for what I'm getting at. Microsoft's
> > digital signature initiative is basically FUD with the spin "Only stuff
> > signed or endorsed by Microsoft is going to work," but I don't think that
> > this spin is inherent in signed code initiatives generally.
>
> At the risk of being rude... I you had actually looked at the system in
> question you'd realize that your statements above are sheer nonsense.

This is cypherpunks, and you think you need to apologize for being rude?

You're right, of course. I was basing the above on a marketing paper on
the December TechNet CD. Since then, the people who do the real work
appear to have developed a reasonable system.

Who, me, biased against Microsoft? Absolutely. Just keep that in mind.

-rich