Re: Mindshare and Java

On Sat, 27 Apr 1996, Rich Graves wrote:

> Some of the things a valid signature from Jack the Ripper means:
[ ... ]
> 4. If I'm not Jack the Ripper, I can say "That wasn't me."

Aaaah... you can say it, but there's no way to prove it...

anyone can still be anyone without persistent ID of some sort.

some people would want this to be your True Name.

(I'm not agreeing with this... but you can't prove you're _not_ a Nym.
Jim Bell has claimed (well, implied that he believes, although he hasn't
outright claimed) that I'm L.D. and/or Black Unicorn.

There's no way I can prove I'm not one of them without demonstrating who
they are. Which I can't do just by signing Java code...

Jon
Jon Lasser (410)494-3072                         - Obscenity  is a crutch  for
[email protected]                            inarticulate motherfuckers.
http://www.goucher.edu/~jlasser/
Finger for PGP key (1024/EC001E4D)               - Fuck the CDA.