Re: Cell Kill 2

                             ********
--------------

>he spoke to a Russian parliamentarian on a satellite phone.
                                            *********

Now, more interesting than whom he was talking to (who could
be a completely unknowing party to the events) is the issue
of what kind of phone Dudayev was using. I somehow doubt
that the area he was operating from has a widely spread out
cellular net. And cellular targeting might not be accurate
enough for this application of force. It makes more sense if
he was using a direct (mobile) phone-satellite device, assuming
such devices are emitting a stronger signal that could easily
be targeted by AWAC type technology, or even satellites (that
they are communicating with in the first place).

Coming so soon after it was reported that the US had decided
(still) that the war down there is an internal Russian affair,
all but giving them a go for a total solution, the possibility
of US involvement has to be contemplated. But I guess the
Russians might have enough capabilities by themselves to
orchestrate a stunt like this.

That the involved weaponry was laser guided might be misinformation.
Why not microwave signal guided? (I don't know what I'm talking about
here, of course. Perhaps satellite phones even implement GPS and
just tell where they are??).

Asgaard