Re: NOISE - AARMs (fwd)

>	David Lesher writes:

> But there has been an easy defense against such for decades.
>
> You run ordinary phone wire from the transmitter + antenna X meters
> back to the bunker or whatever. Then you talk from there.

	Another division of a company I did some consulting work for
makes a box that goes between the transmitter and control head of a
current generation tactical UHF satellite terminal  (LST-5 TACSAT) of
the type used by US military commanders in the field.  It connects the
control and talking part of the radio with the transmitter and antenna
via up to a mile of optical fiber cable with no metal conductors.  As
you can imagine, it is hard to use RF sniffing techniques to find the
command post at the other end of the fiber.

						Dave Emery
						[email protected]