Re: [NOISE- Pratical Application] Reasonable people

I have stopped to offer first aid after two traffic accidents, one in
Nevada and one in California.  Both states have a "Good Samaritan" law
which protects people who offer first aid from legal liability.  While I
have an extensive background in first aid, none of my credentials are
current.

The practical result is that in neither case did anyone ask me my name.  I
believe that the police enforce the Good Samaritan laws by making no
records which would identify people who might be sued.  This applies to
rank amateurs or Professors of Emergency Medicine.

In the final analysis, I would rather take the chance of being hurt by
someone who didn't know what he was doing than take chance that someone
would be deterred from stopping by threat of liability.  It appears to me
that the law also takes this view.

Bill Frantz       | The CDA means  | Periwinkle  --  Computer Consulting
(408)356-8506     | lost jobs and  | 16345 Englewood Ave.
[email protected] | dead teenagers | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA