Re: Churchill Club: 20th Anniversary PK Crypto

On Tue, 30 Apr 1996, Bill Frantz wrote:

> >   ...  The post office brings four things that private
> >   industry can't: ... (2) ... well established reputation, ...
> >   (4) it can act as a trusted third party.

> I just report them like I hear them.  They are priced higher
> than Verisign too.

According to your report, the guy made a comparison to MacDonalds,
having only 10.000 outfits in the US compared to the Post Office
having 50.000. But MacDonalds has a strong international presence
while the US Post Office has almost none. And then one could eat
a tasty burger, waiting for one's smartcards to get signed by the
trustworthy attendants (I mean, they do where uniforms).

Asgaard