Re: the cost of untracability?

From:	IN%"[email protected]" 13-APR-1996 01:00:57.74

>At  7:42 PM 4/12/96 -0400, E. ALLEN SMITH wrote:
>>        Another method would be for ecash to have a label on it as to when
>>the issuer would redeem it. Until then, if you want cash from it, find
>>someone else to trade to. ...

>And if you are using a "first to clear gets the money" system like
>Digicash, the holders can race to see who gets the money.

	What I had in mind is that the bank would still process the ecash if
you sent it to them - for an equal quantity of ecash with the same label. If
you want to convert it into a normal bank account or other ecash, you have to
send it to the bank at the time of labeling, or trade it to someone else. If
you trade it to someone else, they will want to send it to the bank to change
it for more ecash _before_ sending you your compensation. Admittedly, all this
then gets into the standard digital receipt, etcetera problems.
	-Allen