Re: CryptoAnarchy: What's wrong with this picture?

At 01:54 AM 5/4/96 -0400, Black Unicorn wrote:
> Actually, I disagree with Mr. Sandfort on this one.
>
> Taxation of International Income is a tremendously complicated field.
> (You can get an LL.M. in international taxation alone for example).

I do not believe the IRS particularly cares what all those tons of
tax legislation books say, and I am sure they do not know.

Unicorn seems to be thinking in terms of constructing magic pieces
of paper that will protect you from the bad boys, whereas Sandy is
thinking in terms of making sure the bad boys cannot find your money.

While doubtless magic bits of paper are useful to some extent if
you are a genuinely multinational corporation, if the bad boys
see smaller fry carefully concocting magic paper they will say
"ah, tax haven", jump on you like a ton of bricks, extort information
from anyone in their jurisdiction as to where your money is (which
is why Sandy recommends a lawyer who works OUTSIDE the jurisdiction)
and confiscate all your assets and not give them back until you can
prove you have paid taxes on everything you might possibly have
earned and some things you could not possibly have earned.

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   [email protected]