Re: fixing netscape

At 10:49 PM 5/6/96 -0500, you wrote:
>http://reality.sgi.com/grafica/framefree
>
>This doesn't have any direct crypto relevance -- it's a program
>that improves navigator binaries by modifying them so they won't
>understand frames.  I'm a little surprised that we didn't think
>of this when we were waiting for Jeff to allow us to turn off
>javascript.

Ouch - that's a slightly scary piece of code, though it should
probably work ok if you get the details correct for your operating
system.  It patches the binary to xxxxxx out the strings "frameset" and
"noframes"; I suppose you could do something similar to kill Java.
I'd been expecting maybe a web proxy that would eat frame requests,
which could be adapted to kill of Javascripts as well.
#					Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, [email protected], +1-415-442-2215
# goodtimes signature virus innoculation