Re: Mandatory Voluntary Self-Ratings

From:	IN%"[email protected]"  "Joseph M. Reagle Jr."  9-MAY-1996 20:02:59.66

>        I would agree the questions seem too video game orientated, and I
>don't like some of the questions either. However, it is a fair effort, and I

	I will also give them credit for a fair effort. However, it's one that
can stand a _lot_ of improvement... like all the rest.

>        I'm sure this is something that could go on for a very long time in
>some cypherpunk thread (something I'm not interested in argueing about), but
>there is no such thing as a perfectly objective or unbiased system. For

	I will be interested in seeing a response from the admin address I
cc'd it to.

>instance, I don't like the distinctions other systems make for
>homosexuality, but I also understand some parents may wish to screen on it...

	I understand why parents may wish to screen on it; I still disapprove
of giving them the ability to do so. Am I in favor of governmental or other
coercive suppression of systems that do so? No, not at all. But I still will do
my best to discourage them - such as by not rating or mis-rating pages.
	-Allen