Re: PGP, Inc.

On Fri, 10 May 1996 10:22:24 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

>The only effort they make is that when using the email-based CA, it mails
>the certificate to the address within, so it's not trivial to get a cert
>for an address that you don't have access to. (I'm not saying it's
>impossible, or even hard, just that it requires some skill and effort).

I don't believe this is correct.  They send you information after you
have created the cert verifying that you set it up, but nothing
requires a response and the key is transfered via http.

Dan Weinstein
[email protected]
http://www.vplus.com/~djw
PGP public key is available from my Home Page.
All opinions expressed above are mine.

"I understand by 'freedom of Spirit' something quite definite -
the unconditional will to say No, where it is dangerous to say
No.
           Friedrich Nietzsche