Re: Fingerprinting annoyance

On Mon, 13 May 1996, Senator Exon <[email protected]> wrote:

> in connection with a character and fitness report i have been
> asked to supply a review board with a set of my fingerprints
> i have never been fingerprinted before
> i am not very keen on the idea now
> of course refusing will attract suspicion

Honorable Senator, if you wish to work for the government (or certain
other orgs with a big impact on the public, or in certain highly sensitive
posts, like armed security guard), then you simply have to put up with
this. Especially if you're working for *my* government, or flying *my*
airplane, or guarding *my* money, it's not in my interest to help you.

So... don't work for the government. Work for yourself, or for someone who
treats you like a grownup. Liberty ain't always free and easy.

> short of getting someone else to put their fingers in ink for
> me does anyone have a cute method by which to obscure my prints
> on those cute little cards without it being obvious?

Sneak into a morgue (I assume you wouldn't even consider involving a third
party who isn't already dead).

See to it that you're never fingerprinted a second time.

Actually, if you simply give them a mirror image of your prints, some
matching techniques might fail...

-rich