Re: Fingerprinting annoyance

On Mon, 13 May 1996, Paul S. Penrod wrote:

> On Mon, 13 May 1996, Senator Exon wrote:
>
> > in connection with a character and fitness report i have been
> > asked to supply a review board with a set of my fingerprints
> > i have never been fingerprinted before
> > i am not very keen on the idea now
> > of course refusing will attract suspicion
> > short of getting someone else to put their fingers in ink for
> > me does anyone have a cute method by which to obscure my prints
> > on those cute little cards without it being obvious?
> > i can fill out and manipulate the card myself i just need a
> > working method.
> > is there no privacy advocate who can help me?
> >

> First off, if you were born in the US, they have your feet and/or hand
> prints on record.

Incorrect.
Several states do not bother to print infants at birth.
Several hospitals do not bother to follow state guidelines in those states
which do so require.

It is one of the great advantages of the United States that no
standardized procedure for person identification exists.  Seals and
certificates vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.  Cross the border to
a state and a hospital birth annoucement is enough for a drivers license,
cross again and 4 pieces and a note from mom isn't enough.

Be careful with disinformation please.

---
My preferred and soon to be permanent e-mail address:[email protected]
"In fact, had Bancroft not existed,       potestas scientiae in usu est
Franklin might have had to invent him."    in nihilum nil posse reverti
00B9289C28DC0E55  E16D5378B81E1C96 - Finger for Current Key Information
Opp. Counsel: For all your expert testimony needs: [email protected]