Re: PRZ /PGP

Vladimir wrote:

> . . .
>
> 4. PRZ has a bad track record as far as meeting deadlines.
> it is not how his brain works. but this is how business
> works. with public domain software, no one rants at you
> if you don't come out with something when you say you will,
> or even if you don't even say when you are going to be
> ready. but when money is involved, this is the very
> first thing you have to be accountable for, no excuses.

I don't mean to be too rude, but what planet do you live on?

Freeware authors are regularly criticized for delays, at least
on the Mac newsgroups.  And nearly everybody in software development
misses deadlines.  Where I've worked, us low level grunts (the guys and
gals with no rights, 'cause we signed them away in our contracts) make
our plans based on the assumption that the schedule will slip.
Management always manages to meet the schedule by changing plans at the
last minute - lengthening the deadline or removing committed features
that didn't make it.  If the software business had to meet deadlines to
survive computers would have ceased to exist several years ago.

Would it be unfair of me to assume that the rest of your points
regarding PRZ are just as specious?

--
if not me, then who?
mailto:[email protected]