Re: Why does the state still stand:

> doing the collection.  In fact, I'll go so far as to say that it would
> probably cost less than 10 cents to prevent the collection of $1 worth of
> tax, and probably closer to a penny.  Any analysis of the destruction of the
> state is incomplete without considering such a scenario.

That's why terrorism is so effective.  It only takes a few pounds of
Sentex or C-4 to produce millions of dollars of damage.  It only takes
the T's getting lucky *once* - we have to be lucky *all the time*.

Now, take that scenario and turn it around.  It only takes a little
effort to frustrate the IRS, the FBI, or whoever your target happens to
be.  The problem, however, is twofold - (1) the government will play mind
games on the rest of the population to make you look like a terrorist, or
whatever turns the populace against you, and (2) the government tends to
use a sledgehammer to crack a walnut.  They don't care what kind of
collateral damage they inflict (witness Waco and Ruby Ridge) as long as
they can make their point.
--
Ed Carp, N7EKG    			[email protected], [email protected]
					214/993-3935 voicemail/digital pager

"Past the wounds of childhood, past the fallen dreams and the broken families,
through the hurt and the loss and the agony only the night ever hears, is a
waiting soul.  Patient, permanent, abundant, it opens its infinite heart and
asks only one thing of you ... 'Remember who it is you really are.'"

                    -- "Losing Your Mind", Karen Alexander and Rick Boyes

The mark of a good conspiracy theory is its untestability.
		    -- Andrew Spring