Re: Rural Datafication (Was Re: Edited Edupage, 9 May 1996)

On 14 May 96 at 19:35, Timothy C. May wrote:

> (This is having yet another interesting side effect: the wealthy who
> can afford digital DSS dishes are suddenly very uninterested in
> local cable problems, and the impetus for improvement is lost.
> Obviously the "poor" are then left with a decaying, outmoded
> infrastructure. Even as a Darwinian, I have to feel for them. They
> got sold a bill of goods, about how awarding "the franchise" to TCI
> or Sonic or Galactronic Cable would result in "universal access,"
> and now they're stuck.)

Hey Tim, where are your badwith-saving manners?
You should simply have said :

"You asked for it, brother..." ?

;-)

Regards!

JFA

 DePompadour, Societe d'Importation Ltee
 Limoges porcelain, Silverware and mouth blown crystal glasses

 JFA Technologies, R&D consultants.
 Physists, technologists and engineers.

 PGP keys at: http://w3.citenet.net/users/jf_avon
 ID# C58ADD0D : 529645E8205A8A5E F87CC86FAEFEF891

 Unsollicited commercial e-mail will be proofread at US165 $/h
 Any sender of such material will be considered as to have ac-
 cepted the above mentionned terms.