Re: SEVERE undercapacity, we need more remailer servers FAST

At 10:58 AM 5/15/96 -0700, Hal wrote:
> The problem that I think the Scientology postings raise is that the
> remailers cannot really be used to post copyrighted material.

The major battle the net has faced is with the church of scientology.

In this battle the net is clearly in the right, and the church clearly
in the wrong, regardless of what copyright law says.  Retreat on
this issue would be politicaly inadvisable, for it would radically
weaken us in the next battle, which will doubtless concern much more
vital matters than a band of con men.

What do I need to do to support a remailer that posts to non binary
newsgroups? (I do not have root control on a unix machine other than my
employers machine, for which I am unlikely to receive approval to use
in this fashion.)

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   [email protected]