Re: Fingerprinting annoyance

From:	IN%"[email protected]"  "Black Unicorn" 15-MAY-1996 00:00:25.51
>On Tue, 14 May 1996, Timothy C. May wrote:

>> At 3:22 PM 5/14/96, Matthew Williams wrote:
>> >Although knowingly providing a fake social security number when one
>> >has any expectation of gain is, I believe, a felony.

>> >42 USC. sec. 408.

>Note the key provisons, for gain, and when submitted to those entitled to
>the number legally.

	But is "entitled to the number legally" meaning anyone who _must_
have the number legally (IRS & other government agencies, those dealing with
the IRS, etcetera), or anyone who can require it as a condition of doing
business? There is a difference between the two, at least according to the
Social Security Number FAQ that I last read.
	-Allen