Re: The Crisis with Remailers

"ec" == Ed Carp <[email protected]> writes:

ec> I think it would help tremendously if elm or pine were hacked to
ec> allow for remailing.  Even better would be some sort of dynamic
ec> remailer addressing - sendmail certainly doesn't allow for this
ec> capability. :( I think we need something similar to dynamic
ec> routing for remailers.

  I do agree extending commonly used mailers would be helpful.

  Emacs + mailcrypt (with or without MH & mh-e) already provide the
means to chain one's message through type 1 or mixmaster type 2
remailers. mailcrypt will even choose arbitrary remailer routing for
you based on information gathered from Raph Levien's remailer
list. Unforunately this is not a turnkey solution and requires more
configuration than most users probably want.

michael

mailcrypt home page: http://cag-www.lcs.mit.edu/mailcrypt/