Re: Why does the state still stand:

I normally don't read or post to this list, so I'm hoping e$pam will pick
up any relevant replies or people Cc: me personally (information overload).

My ignorance is probably showing, but it seems that we have a real
fundamental problem here.  IP numbers of re-mailers, whether free or
commercial, are easily identified and therefore become easy sniffing
targets.  This means that the choke points currently used to censor and
otherwise restrict information can easily come into play - i.e. ISP's
(we've already seen censorship being applied to at the ISP level, so we
have sufficient aggregation to filter and sniff).

Therefore, in the abscence of roving remailer destinations that change
quick enough to evade some sniffing (notice, I didn't say avoid), it
seems that there really is no anonymity.  Even if we could randomize
destinations (a la Pirate Radio with roving dial locations), that would
defeat the purpose - the ability to allow anybody to use anonymous
remailers.  So, if we feel this capability is important (and I do), how
do we solve the problem?

Nathan
(usual "views are my own" diatribe here)