Re: TCM: mafia as a paradigm for cyberspace

At 12:43 PM 5/18/96 -0700, Vladimir Z. Nuri wrote:

>what amazes me about people who tend to have a warped mindset is that
>they think new technology, such as cyberspace, creates a new morality.
>suddenly murdering, violence, drug dealing, or whatever are supposedly
>thrust into some new reality in which old rules no longer apply.
>you and Jim Bell are unbelievably similar, as much as either of you
>would hate to admit it.

I resent that implication!  Tim May is always far more restrained, introspective, controlled, and cautious than I.   He approaches the subject of cyber-anarchy with nervous concern, I'm the one who jumps in with unrestricted glee.

Jim Bell
[email protected]