Re: SEVERE undercapacity, we need more remailer servers FAST

At 18:29 1996-05-15 -0400, Black Unicorn wrote:

>I would really like to see a remailer that is somehow blinded.
>
>I don't know enough about how mail paths are generatered, but is it
>impossible to conceal the origin of remailer postings?

IP spoofing would do this nicely.Since SMTP doesn't require any
significant responses, you can send blind and fake your IP address.
To do that you need root access on your mailer machine and an
ISP that doesn't sniff and filter its network for spoofing attacks.

See ftp://info.cert.org/pub/cert_advisories/CA-95:01.IP.spoofing for
a good description of spoofing attacks and defenses.

If you're not up to writing spoofing code into your (re-)mailer, then
an easier solution is to send everything through anon.lcs.mit.edu after
you have removed all headers that point at you.

Matts